- Director of Fund Development (.pdf)
CLF Ventures Intern & Volunteer Programs
CLF Ventures has interns and unpaid volunteers all year. Our internships provide ample opportunity to develop professional consulting skills in a small and innovative team environment. Interns typically make a semester-long commitment, while volunteers will stay as long as their individual circumstances allow. To be eligible for a paid internship, applicants must be current students or have been admitted to a degree program.
We have a wide variety of projects, but we generally look for applicants with the following qualities:
- Current graduate-level study in environmental science/studies, environmental/land-use/urban planning, environmental/public policy or environmental/resource management, or a program in economics, business administration, or communications with an environmental focus.
- Solid communication and analytical skills; understanding of the legal, environmental, political, economic, and social aspects of the work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Power Point, and Excel. Familiarity with any of the following is also desirable: Microsoft Project, Visio, or Access; HTML/ Dreamweaver, ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro.
- Creativity, tenacity, good humor, and a high level of energy.
We prefer applicants who can work both independently and collaboratively, as well as be able to perform a range of activities such as doing market research, researching emerging environmental regulations, publication development, exploring contemporary topics in corporate environmental practice, or assisting with project communications and outreach to characterize innovative market-based solutions to sustainability challenges. Past interns have, for example, researched environmental risks for emerging technologies, helped develop a carbon calculator, and analyzed waste management methods.
We encourage student applicants to apply for work study or other supplemental funding to support their internship. We will supplement whatever funding an applicant can find to meet as closely as possible an applicant’s financial need.
To apply for an internship or a volunteer position, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.